Young and healthy affect our overall health and state of mind. So it is essential to maintain Staying your youth to boost your health and extend your life expectancy.
Here are the top eight things to do to help maintain your youth:
- Minimize stress
According to research, too much stress can cause aging. When you’re stressed, your body releases hormones that can cause high blood pressure, increased heart rate, and even depression. Short-term stress is manageable, but long-term stress could really affect our overall health. We cannot totally avoid stress but minimizing it can make you feel young and healthy. When you’re starting to feel stressed, take a moment to breathe and know your feelings. Pausing to breathe gives your mind and body time to cope with the stress before it becomes worse. Knowing how you truly feel about the situation gives you the power to control your emotions which helps regulate it. By doing this, you are able to think clearly about the situation and reduces stress. and maintain your youth.
2. Have a good skincare routine
Your face is one of the most exposed parts of your body aside from your hands and your face is the first thing that people see when they look at you. So make sure that you take good care of it and practice a good skincare regime. Follow this skincare routine to achieve that young-looking skin.
- When you’re out in the sun, make sure to put sunscreen on to protect your face from harmful UV rays.
- Apply moisturizer to avoid dryness or restore your skin from dryness.
- Wash your face to remove dirt, oil, bacteria, pollution, and other impurities. Make sure to wash your face thoroughly to avoid aging, breakouts, and dehydration.
3. Stay hydrated and drink plenty of water
Drink at least eight glasses of water every day. When you don’t drink enough water, your skin will become prone to aging and wrinkles. It will also look dull and dry. Keep your body hydrated so that your skin’s cells and tissue will be replenished making you look younger and healthier. Other benefits of drinking water include a good mood, healthy digestion, and an alert mind.
4. Get enough sleep
It is recommended by experts that adults should sleep seven to nine hours. Sleeping for long hours allows you to recharge your mind and body. While you sleep, your body promotes cell renewal which helps your skin to stay healthy. Getting enough sleep can make you feel renewed and alert as you wake up. It also boosts the benefits and effects of your anti-aging pills such as collagen and glutathione – if you’re taking one.
5. Eat healthy food
Avoid eating foods that are pesticide-filled and processed. Choose food that is packed with nutrients, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory. Eating healthy food keeps you from the damaging effects of radicals which results in healthy aging. Aside from fruits and vegetables, you can still eat foods that have the right kind of fats such as Omega-3. You can get Omega-3 from fish, seeds, and nuts. Dark chocolate and green tea are good antioxidants. Avocados and pomegranates are good for repairing DNA cells and preventing skin damage. Tomatoes have lycopene that helps to reduce wrinkles. Cinnamon supports collagen production.
Exercising regularly has many benefits that include a low risk of heart attack, low blood pressure, and prevention of other diseases. When you exercise, your muscles are stretched out. It prevents you from having loose muscles that cause saggy skin. Exercising also releases endorphins that can make a person feel happy and relaxed. Having good skin and a happy mood makes you look and feel younger. Therefore, exercising helps to retain your youth, and improve your quality and length of life.
7. Body Massage
Overall body massage has several benefits to our health such as it enhances flexibility and posture, and reduces muscular pain. Body massage also stimulates blood flow that can make your skin glow and firm, making you look and feel younger.
Types of common body massage:
- Swedish Massage
- Aromatherapy Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Sports Massage
- Shiatsu Massage
- Thai Massage
- Hot Stone Massage
- Chair Massage
- and more.
Facial massage increases collagen production which can help to prevent wrinkles. It also promotes oxygen to relieve facial muscle tension. Here are some facial massages that you can try.
- Remedial Massage – this facial massage exfoliates your skin and removes dead skin cells from your face to achieve a more radiant skin tone. It also helps soothe sensitive skin.
- Lymphatic Massage – is a gentle facial massage that relieves puffiness and increases blood circulation which helps to promote vibrant skin.
- Reflexology – is a facial massage that targets the specific areas on your face and uses pressure points to boost energy and improve the nervous system.
8. Go to salons
There are certain hairstyles that can make your appearance look younger. Getting a new haircut can accentuate your facial features such as cheekbones, full lips, brows, nose, eyes, forehead, and lashes. Here are 30 different hairstyles for short and long hair that you might want to try to change your look.
- Long layers
- Asymmetrical bangs
- Slightly cropped haircut
- Shoulder-length hair with layers
- Curly bob
- Long hair with weaves
- Ombre ringlet hairstyle
- Side-swept bangs
- Sleek undercuts
- Sharp bob
- Asymmetrical bob
- Gray hair with choppy layers
- Shoulder-length cut with deep side part
- Medium-length hair with soft curls
- Long layers with highlights
- Shoulder-length hair with deep side part
- Long hair with layers and beachy waves
- Bob with layers
- Long, voluminous hair with layers
- Medium-length haircut
- Angular-cut bangs
- Balayage with medium-length hair
- Choppy bob
- Pixie haircut
- Golden highlights
- Bronze highlights
- Long hair with curls
- Straight layers
- Blonde highlights and layers
- Red highlights and long hair
Aside from hairstyle, you can also get your nails done at a trusted nail salon near you. Go to Trieu Nails London. They offer different nail services such as nail art, shellac nails, gel nails, acrylic extensions, and more. They are open late at night to accommodate your nail needs.